Sunday, August 06, 2006

all i do is sleep all day and think of you

Hi all.
I hope everyone got home safely. My only major difficulty was lugging my ridiculous amount of luggage through the airport. Oh, and my insulin pump set off the metal detector (god knows why it always does this, given that it's NOT ACTUALLY MADE OF METAL) when I went through security and i had to be wanded (fun, fun). Besides that, though, I fared well.

The trip itself, as well as being home, have been very hard emotionally. I managed to (pretty much) keep myself together through all of the people who left before me yesterday, but as soon as it was my turn, I just fell apart. I cried all the way to the airport, with the damn taxi driver trying to talk to me the whole time. I just wanted to be like, shut up, man! Leave me to wallow in my own missouri (oh, the pun, it strikes again). In all seriousness, though, it was very difficult to manage. I knew I was leaving something that in some ways I'll never have again. Even if we visit each other or go to the same colleges or whatever, this summer can't ever be replicated. And that makes me really sad. Sigh.

Anyway, my dad and sister picked up from the airport, so I luckily had someone to help me navigate my luggage home. Oh yeah, and it was nice to see them too :-) I was too exhausted and sad to do much of anything for the rest of the day, so I just sat in my room looking at the notes people gave me, crying, and pretending i was going to unpack. I didn't realize this would hit me so hard, but it definitely has. I feel out of place in this, my "real life." Granted, it's to be expected that there's a readjustment period, but I think it's more than that. I'm definitely committed now to applying to both of the houses. If the people are anything like you guys (and especially if they are you specifically), it would be an absurdly excellent experience to live there.

That's about all from here. In case my post hasn't made this evident, I miss you, I miss you, I miss you. If someone said if I read Nesbitt again, I could have another week with all of you, I'd definitely do it. And that, my friends, is saying something.

Love,
Ryan

P.S. TASP > Chipotle. I mean that. :-)

P.P.S. In case you were wondering about the entry title, I have this habit of titling blog entries after songs. This one is from "Love is No Big Truth" by Kings of Convenience. A good song indeed, you should check it out. But anyway, that explains the random phrase.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Oh Ryan! Ditto everything.... I feel like I'm rethinking a lot of things back home. It definitely is strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home