Sunday, September 03, 2006

minor tidbit-y updates

These blog things scare me. I really never know what to write in them - but I'm absolutely convinced that it has to be something relatively important, or at the very least, germane. Unfortunately, now that I'm back home it seems silly to waste my time on either when I'd rather do Faulkner stream-of-consciousness, and thus I am left with an inferiority complex when it comes to Blogs, for I fear s-o-c is also unacceptable here. I mean, people will read it. I don't want to waste anyone's time, etc. Which... is kinda what I'm doing right now, but I thought I'd explain.

A few weekends ago I visited Sticky Fingers Bakery in D.C. I can't remember if they've blown up the old Wilson Bridge yet or not. But I was horrified to learn (well, and happy because I presume it's a sign of their success) that Sticky Fingers will be moving! I forget where to, but it's right by a Metro stop... convenient, but now it's not near my (hopefully) future apartment! I'm so distraught!

Last weekend in September I'm taking a driving course... and finally I will have my license, so long as no one dies (*cross your fingers*!). My tarot gave me a disconcerting and disheartening reading yesterday... and my brother was watching this program series thing on the Discovery Channel two or three days ago called "A Haunting" and they've got all these interviews from all the adults and then-children involved and... basically, it scared the shit out of me, and I'm so glad I have my cats to keep me company now when I sleep. When I was at TASP, I knew there were three other people in the suite with me and that all the walls were paper-thin so if I got scared and screamed everyone would hear me (because, of course, everyone'd still be awake, haha). Now I'm home and not only is everything not within walking distance and I'm going back to high school (wait... shouldn't we be registering for college courses now? Feels that way to me...) AND I suddenly have a bed time! After 6 weeks of going to bed at 2am, I'm a little moody to say the least when suddenly I feel like I'm being treated as though I can't govern myself (which is true... I mean, I definitely was only half-awake during the last week of Seminar, and now I have to get up at 5:45 instead of 7:30am... damn short hair- I miss my nightly showers! *SO SUCKS* But I'm spiking it now, which is pretty cool... but also bad because that means it's getting long and I have to figure out a way to pry the clippers away from my mother, who's determined to make me grow the pelo out. Yeah right.)

Sorry for that long block of text.

Peace Out, guys; with love,
Miranda

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

don't let your mom make you grow your hairses out! the buzzed look is excellent.

also, don't let that bakery go anywhere! we need to visit it the next time i'm in dc. mmm. makes me hungry just to think about.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger hippie said...

OMG. It's SOOO good. Like... yeah. And they give out free penny-sized pink buttons with their logo (a raccoon w/ a sticky bun)! And I thanked the guy (cashier dude) for existing (meaning Sticky Fingers, not him cuz.. uh.. that'd be weird) and he grinned and was like "No problem!" and was really nice and didn't laugh at my near-fainting enthusiasm. It's kind of this little hole-in-the-wall no-room-to-stand-in-much-less-hang-
around-attempting-to-choose-from-the-
sudden-variety-of-options-at-hand! place, so maybe it's good they're moving - but have no fear! I will find it!!!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Hyp. lecteur said...

Short hairses forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home