Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yummy pre-School Anecdotes

No, I don't mean like pre-school pre-school. Yeah. Anyway.

So... I got in really early yesterday (i.e. 1am) from Vegas and, while dealing with the sort of petty tasks one finds themselves confronted with after finally being home after an 8 weeks' absence (buying soymilk, and so forth), I noticed I had gotten this *call* from my guidance counsellor, but I figured I'd call this morning to resolve it. So at 9am this morning, while I was wondering if I should FINALLY get up and finish Dante, my phone rings, and it's her again. Blah, blah, BC Calc only offerred 6th period when I'm taking Publications and Portfolio & Marketing, but I figure, hey, my Creative Writing teacher/magazine sponsor will let me create an Independent Study to make up those classes and switch them to 4th period, my only open slot. So I e-mail her. She writes back that she's put me in 2nd period, no problem, and I can't figure out HOW she missed the whole "only open slot" thing, but so I'm diplomatically trying to figure out how I can be the go-between for both these wymyn who both have very tight schedules, and not get either of them frustrated with me. I don't understand why they can't just fight out what class periods she wants to teach (since my teacher knows better than me) v. what's available (since my counsellor knows better than me). Muy agradable way to start off the school year. Plus I'm in a dilemma between Wesleyan and Harvard. Oi vey!


Haha! I love how whiney I am.

Anyway - on the plus side, I finally put the stars Breanna sent me up on my ceiling. Hooray! And one of my best friends isn't angry at me for not writing/calling her for the past... eh, four weeks or so. I think I might crash at her house all next week, just for fun. Plus I love her cats and her mom's a Solar Gemini, too. We have a great time and she's always excited when she finds out Kool-Aid's Vegan (but racist, which I have yet to break her heart w/ and reveal to her).

Anyway.

Until next time,
*muah*

Love,
me

5 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I shake my metaphorical fist at high school counselors.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

ach, seriously. you have to jump through so many hoops to do ANYTHING.

btw do you guys get hs credit for college courses?

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Breanna said...

Tracy, to answer your question--In my school district, we get hs credit for college courses, yes.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

lucky.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger hippie said...

yar we do

 

Post a Comment

<< Home