Friday, August 25, 2006

and the excellence spreads.

I saw this in the newspaper:

"Students at area universities soon will have something to keep them awake as they hit the books. Caffeine. And lots of it.Viterbo University and the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse are adding coffee shops as they renovate their libraries. Neither coffee shop will be open by the time students return to their respective campuses but should be operating by the end of the fall semester. Both will offer coffee, pastries, sandwiches and salads....Both libraries also are installing wireless Internet access."

You can likely imagine the joy this brings me. I might have to stop into the coffee shops sometime in the near future...like before my morning classes at UW-L.

After I read this, I read a headline that made me perhaps even happier:

"Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel to speak at Viterbo" This will be in late September, and I will definitely go if I can get a ticket. You know, you guys could come to Wisconsin to hear him speak...

Reporting out.

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Hyp. lecteur said...

Coffee + library (i.e. place where there may be books about TEL) + Elie Wiesel = Alison really needs to learn how to drive.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger hippie said...

haha sounds like they're catching up to Wash U!
And I'm *SO JEALOUS* about the coffee before Calc 2! You brat! ;) haha j/p -- just remember me when you're enjoying your NON-ICED Carmel Lattes! Aww, I want coffee!
ALSO- so jealous about Elie Wiesel. I missed seeing him someplace, and I forget where, and now that I know where he's speaking again... damnit, it's in Wisconsin. I will stalk you and/or dress up as you and thus your parents will go "O. M. G. What is our daughter doing in VIRGINIA, of all places?" and they'll fly you (me) back, and then everything will be good. Except that I can't get home unless my parents take pity on me and want me back haha. Or maybe they'll just come move up there with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home