Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Plinkety-plunkety!

Sorry to interrupt (as I assume I am doing, in one way or another), but I did want to somewhat belatedly report that I have recently attended none other than a banjo/mandolin concert featuring not only the great Bill Keith of Muleskinner fame but the world-famous inventor of Dawg music (a bluegrass/jazz/gypsy hybrid also known as newgrass) and erstwhile Jerry Garcia compatriot David Grisman (a local of my county and, as I am sure you will be glad to hear, a consummate member of the Jewish race who named his first bluegrass composition, in deference to the southern town of Cedar Hill, "Seder Hill"). I thought that tied together a number of TASPy influences in a vague and half-hearted way, which was, frankly, good enough for me. And I got a shirt.
I have to admit, though, that there is an ulterior motive behind my post, beyond the simple desire to prove myself cock-of-the-high-pitched-pizzicato-walk. And that is: a desire to know the answer to the following question: can you use two colons in a row like that? And also: how long do we (actually meaning you, or, more accurately, vosotros) think the CBTA application essays are meant to be?
Also, school starts tomorrow.
Also, no Cynthia, I am not a man of feelings.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Breanna said...

Hope your first day of school goes well!

You should interrupt more often.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Hyp. lecteur said...

Snaps to what Breanna said (especially the latter portion). Ahh, to talk to people who understand snaps!
By the way, what is a Muleskinner and is it caffeinated?

P. S. I was interviewed by Mr. Barany and, while he was in no way intimidating,I saw no reason for over-familiarity. I raise the eyebrow at our fair factota (although she did tell me off for calling her "Ms. Eckert" in my first e-mail to her).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home