Saturday, September 09, 2006

Music to My Ears

Lest I sound like an èlitist allow me to sympathize with my fellow TASPer's sentiment toward the breed of people we have the luxury of communicating with outside of the wonderful, intellectually-stimulating haven that was Wash U TASP. I have had many a talk with some of my friends here over my frustration with closeted/blatant idiots and the best advice they have given me is to, "Realize they're stupid and ignore them." I find ignoring the misled and not-so-well thought out opinions of those around me troubling. And even if I tried I couldn't do it. Enough about my life. I wanted to share something with you all. After much debate at dinner, a fraction of us TASPers finally devised and completed the best thing since Ruben's last post. The thing I speak of is...a list of rap artists and groups that we think Tyler should listen to in his spare time. I was supposed to give this list to Tyler at coffee, but I was too sick at the time to remember. SO...Here's the list: 1)Mos Def, 2)Talib Kweli, 3)Common, 4)Jay-Z, 5)Immortal Technique, 6)A Tribe Called Quest, 7) De la Soul, 8) Nas, 9) Ludacris ( WARNING---Ludacris is like Eminem in his ability to offend, only more talented), 10) Tupac (whose 10th anniversary special will air on BET in a couple days), 11) Notorious B.I.G., 12) The Fugees, 13) The Roots, 14) MC Lyte, 15) Da Brat, 16) Missy Elliot, 17) DJ Jazzy Jeff, 18) Run DMC, 19) Sugar Hill Gang, 20) Grand Master Flash, 21) Slick Rick, 22) Kanye West, 23) TLC, 24) Bell Biv Devoe, 25) Outkast, 26) Twista, 27) Black Sheep, 28) Lupe Fiasco, 29) BlackStreet, 30) Faith Evans, 31) Lauryn Hill, 32) John Legend, 33) Mariah Carey (did I mention Kathryn was part of this group of debaters?), 34) Musiq and/or Musiq Soulchild, 35) Usher, 36) Memphis Bleek, 37) Atomic Poll (I think that's what it says).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home