Saturday, December 30, 2006

Emails from S. Africa

Happy (almost) New Year, TASPers!

This is exciting: Thanks to the wind and cooler temperatures, we finally have snow in Sidney. I got back to my pre-young adult roots by going sledding last night. It was glorious. The denizens of eastern Montana are now enjoying about half a foot of powder on the ground. I'm going to try to scare up some skis today and hit that. (In the way that you hit McDonald's, rather than in the vernacular sense.)

I'll leave for S. Africa this Tuesday, so long as the storms of Ryan's home don't get in my way. (Have a connecting flight through the ever-treacherous Denver International.) I have toyed with several ways of keeping in touch with everyone. Because I won't have my computer, and I'll be traveling around somewhat regularly, I decided occasional mass emails would be the easiest way to keep updated those who want to be in that state. Cheesy, I know. Maybe even lame. But forgive me. If you can bring yourself to do so, and also want to hear a little bit about my adventures, please email tzoanni@gmail.com with a note to that effect. I'll then add you to the list.

Don't feel any factotal pressure to do so. I know that relatively general, newsy emails can be annoying, and I won't grudge you for feeling as I do. Also, no promises about great regularity. I'll have a better sense of how often I'll be able to get to Internet cafés once I'm in Cape Town (probably about 1-1.5 weeks from today.)

Love (non-eros),
Tyler

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

hahaha.... i lol'ed (literally) at the "hit that" comment. if only you would hit those skis for a dollar...

i hope the storms of ryan-land let up and your flight gets out okay. safe travels, tyler!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home