Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thank you, fair TASPers...

Oh most glorious, most noble, dearest Danforth dwellers,
Thank you very much for your kind words and encouraging sentiments. Yes, 'tis true: I have been offered a place to read history at Oriel College. (The University of Oxford is partitioned into 39 colleges, which function more or less like the houses in Hogwarts.) I'm sure any of you could have done it: the History Aptitude Test (aka the entrance exam in disguise) wasn't really that dreadful, and the TASP and CBTA interviews were excellent preparation for the Oxford interview... Whut! This is most exciting. TEL grew up in Oxford, received a first in History from Jesus College, and was a fellow at All Souls. However, I must take the opportunity to add a few disclaimers, as my ever going to Oxford depends on three things:
1. Getting a four on the AP Calculus exam
2. Getting a four on the AP French Literature exam (Considering the fact that my school doesn't offer an official AP French Lit class, this could be a bit tricky.)
3. Persuading Oriel that I really am British or at least persuading them to lower their rather steep price (doubled by the current, desperately unfavorable exchange rate)...
Alas. However, thank you very much for your kind words. Oddly enough, I know exactly how Ryan felt in one of her recent posts: what in the world did I do to deserve this? I can think of at least seventeen more deserving individuals...
Anyway, I do hope everyone else receives similarly joyous news in the coming year. On with the Wash U TASP Revolution!

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger hippie said...

Alison, I'm not worried about you. I am sure you will do fine on your exams, and if you don't, you'll have TEL's spirit send the Admissions Office into such shivers that they'll decide you transcend those piddly little requirements anyway. And in answer to what you did to deserve this: you were amazing and just *yourself*. No other reasons necessary. Mucho love and congrats and pride :D!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Indeed. te te te te te!! If you hadn't gotten in, who would have? Honestly, now.

Okay, so I think you should institute Quidditch of some sort at Oxford.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Hyp. lecteur said...

I believe rowing is Oxford's version of Quidditch. (Oriel has excellent rowing crews (if that is the correct terminology- I really don't know).)
Coincidentally, many scenes from the Harry Potter films were filmed at Oxford...

Te te!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home