Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thank you for the birthday greeting, bre. I had a fairly good one, considering I generally hate birthdays. a friend of mine gave me a Dvorak keyboard that he reassembled himself from a normal keyboard. A Dvorak keyboard is an alternative keyboard set up that's supposed to be far more efficient than the QWERTY one. The QWERTY keyboard was actually originally designed to slow down people typing on typewriters so that they wouldn't get jammed, and now, despite the fact that we no longer use typewriters and QWERTY is expressly designed for inefficiency, we've retained it for convenience (for those interested, there's a totally fascinating chapter in what I think spencer will back me up as saying is The Coolest Book Ever- Guns, Germs, and Steel, about times in human history when people have rejected more evolutionarily sound technologies in favor of older ones they're used to, and this is presented as an example).

I've noticed that we're all- myself included- doing an increasingly terrible job of staying in touch. as we approach the one year mark since the start of TASP (how strange is that?), I'm thinking of you all more and more, and wondering what's going on with everyone. tell me of your exploits. i must know.

as for me, i pierced my nose, i've met/re-met seven TASPers in the past week, i still don't know where i'm going to college, and there's a decemberists concert tonight. so there.

also, the documentary which some of you have been trying to get me to youtube for the past oh, year or so, is now online, through no involvement of my own. I was going to link to it, but then i remembered i hate it. so suffice to say you should be able to find it with a simple google search, if you're so inclined.

that is all.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

YOU PIERCED YOUR NOSE?!??!

Ryan Lenora Brown, you must tell me these things! And other things too. Such as where you're going to college. And we need to talk, in general.

Also, definitely googling the documentary. :)

Love youu!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Breanna said...

I'm pretty sure I made you burn me a copy of your documentary at TASP so I could remember your voice. and to see the documentary, of course.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger mz. aida said...

Yay, piercings!

I think I dreamt about you one day. I just thought I should mention that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home