Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hillcrest = the Loop?

EDIT! So yeah, these are the wonderful shoes we found in Hillcrest yesterday. Can you say s-t-r-i-pper?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

haha, just thought i'd share.

So a couple of friends and I went to Hillcrest today. It's termed the "gay and lesbian mecca" of San Diego, and it's always such fun, lots of life, lots of atmosphere. I love it. Anyway, it reminded me soo much of the Loop. There were a bunch of vintage stores (amazing go-go outfits, woo! hah, jk...maybe for Halloween) with a lot of really cool neon / 80's / very pretty dresses / funky jewelry, etc., as well as cute little restaurants. It was lovely to walk and browse. So much drama has happened here since I've been gone, but surprisingly (or maybe not?) it seems completely inconsequential. Hm.

This morning I went to the Salk Institute to watch my mentor defend her doctoral thesis. In other words, FIVE YEARS of work smushed into a 45 minute presentation. Science research can seem so unfruitful, sometimes. But, she now has her PhD! YAY for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home