Saturday, November 11, 2006

Some of my quizbowlling associates went to see a Borat film yesterday and, in an effort to enlighten a certain, rather culturally backward, coffee-swilling Alison as to who Borat is, directed me to the Wikipedia article concerning one Sacha Baron Cohen. According to said article, Cohen read history at Christ's College, Cambridge, and wrote his dissertation on the role of Jews in the U. S. Civil Rights Movement. (Was that the topic of someone's third essay at TASP? I seem to remember Professor Brown discussing it...)
Anyway, I still do not understand much about the Borat phenonmenon. I have been assured that it is quite harmless, even if some of Mr. Cohen's methods are most distasteful, but I raise the eyebrow... What do you, oh much-missed TASPers, think of this fellow? (I have never seen any of his work.)

As far as the recent elections go: I think TEL should be instated as dictator of the universe with all deliberate speed.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Oh my gosh, Alison, I just saw Borat yesterday. It was HILARIOUS HILARIOUS HILARIOUS!!! As wikipedia probably says, it's a satire on American prejudices, view of Muslims, etc.

You HHAAAVE to go see it! There's definitely some shock that goes with it, but it's also really funny.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger mz. aida said...

I haven't seen the film yet, but my friends assure me it's quite funny. From what I've heard, it might be actually good.

"It's sexytime!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home