Tuesday, August 22, 2006

*facepalm*

Today it began. That evil, evil beast called school. Mine is full of really tiny people (it goes all the way from 6th grade up), giant classes (apparently there are several math classes this year with over 50 kids in them), and general annoyingness. Really, all it served to do was make me miss TASP and the TASPers even more. I'm unspeakably glad that in nine months, I will be completely done with high school. Such a beautiful thought.

In the meantime, my schedule is giving me some major headaches. My AP lang/comp class, which I was excited to take because I think the teacher is actually pretty good, has 45 kids in it. So there goes any hope for discussion and/or thoughtful grading. Also, as a random sidenote, the class has 11 boys in it, which is pretty indicative of the general gender breakdown in my grade. My cinema class this year is actually the first class I've taken in seven years at this school that has more boys than girls. It's a very strange experience.

Anyway, after spending a large portion of my day in the counseling office, I was told essentially that if I want to take either math or social studies this year, it will be have to be on my own time at my own expense. Excellent. Also, I found out from the counselor that the two fives I got on AP tests last year account for 20% of the fives in the whole school. lol. yep. we're really a fine institution of learning.

Sigh. I don't mean to sound so unrelentingly depressing about this. It will work out. It always does. i'm just overall exhausted of high school (academically and socially).

In other, less mind-crushingly dull and whiny news, I'm looking for a new job. I applied today at Chipotle, which would of course be my low-skilled, low-paying dream job. Two words. FREE BURRITOES. oh yes. Keep your fingers crossed that they or some other fine retailer will choose to hire me in this my time of rapidly depleting bank accountness.

That is all, my lovely TASPers. I miss you all and hope your school/lack of school is going well.

THE END

P.S. the entry title, in case you hadn't guessed, refers to perhaps my most common hand gesture throughout today. Yes, that's right, the palm to the face, the ultimate gesture of general irritation and confusion.

THE REAL END

4 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Hyp. lecteur said...

Ryan, valiant comrade! I shake my fist in solidarity with your noble struggle as you continue to battle the bourgeois bureacracy of school. Rawr! I do hope everything works out... I miss you. So does T. E. Lawrence. I have yet to see any Pennsylvanian Walter Mondales, though, which makes me sad (as the region is usually replete with them at this time of year). At any rate, I shall reply to your e-mail pronto (once I have regained consciousness). "And true/ It may seem like a stretch/ But it's thoughts like this that catch/ My troubled head when you're away and I am missing you to death."

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

oh alison i love that song!!!

and ryan.... wah! my heart goes out to you. ::facepalm:: in agreeance. we had registration today, and it just made me think of you wonderful wonderful ppl all the more.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Manasi said...

ryan, I feel your pain. Really I do, but look at school as a experiment, which I will expound on later on the phone when I am fortunate enough to hear your voice.

Alison, the Postal service is always delightful. And chinchillas are these little rodents that look like little squirrels and are cuter than hamsters. They are my favorite hence the metaphor or term of endearment.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Breanna said...

I'm so sorry about your scheduling, Ryan. There's not much more to say.

On the bright side, I really hope you get a job at Chipotle or somewhere else you love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home