Wednesday, September 27, 2006

a marginally interesting update.

Updates into the life of that TASPer with two pairs of letters that are the same in her first name: (I think I am the only one on this, but I didn't take the time to run through everyone's name in my head, so I won't guarantee that.) I'll include the interesting bits. By interesting, of course, I mean anything that isn't just ridiculously boring, as most of it seems to be.

I developed my first roll of film in photography (not the pictures yet, just the film) and they seem to have not died or turned out terribly, even though I accidentally put the wrong chemical in at first...my bad... So this is good news.

I had my first venture into what we call the 'dark dark' room, as opposed to the dark room, which you can see in. The 'dark dark' room is completely black, and I mean I have never actually been in darkness so total as this. It was pretty cool--when I closed my eyes, nothing was different! Neat, I know. Anyway. I was thinking about how this was pretty cool, and rolling my film onto its spool, closing and opening my eyes for the heck of it, etc., and then what do you know, I start to feel dizzy in the total darkness of this tiny enclosed space that is way too packed with people in the first place (seven people in a room that's about three by five feet: not good). Now usually when I'm dizzy and close to fainting, I can tell I'm going to faint because my vision starts to go black. And I think, huh, I actually don't have that little alert because I can't see anything anyway, so I better just assume I'm going to faint. To prevent this, I sat down in the extremely limited space, waiting for people to finish rolling their film, and then finally was released back into the artificially lit realm of the school world to drink water and recover. Let me tell you, it was pretty interesting.

Actually, come to think of it, that's pretty much the only interesting thing I have to share.

All my best from this cheesy state.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

oh no! you fainted? in a dark room? awww. :( i'm glad you're okay.

but, assuming that you are (and since you're writing this, i am assuming), that's kind of funny...

i hope you got to go to the nurse and get a lollipop or something. i would have demanded it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home