Sunday, January 14, 2007

and so I eloquently label this post: a list of stuff

1. My choir beat the vocal crap out of the other choirs in one of the annual concert choir competitions on Friday. We're the only choir that has won the competition...ever, in the six years that it's been going. As in, wow I love choir.

2. I applied to Java Detour and got / already had an interview. I think they're going to hire me. What this entails: free coffee, working in a relatively small space with evening and early weekend hours (about 5am on Saturdays), free coffee, getting paid, free coffee. PS--I quit my other job in like November. Coffee is so much cooler.

3. NHS is crazy. We had the longest meeting ever last week. Things we're doing within the next month: a run/walk, t-shirts, a blood drive, a Valentine's dance fundraiser, the list goes on and on. For the record, my t-shirt is going to say 'prez,' mainly because it's semi-gangsta, is less in-your-face than spelling out 'president,' and also erases the possibility of strangers looking at my last name and thinking...what the hell.

Tomorrow is MLK day--represent. I think I'll wear my TASP shirt.

7 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I have a friend who works at starbucks and she gets unlimited coffee drinks during her shift (!!!). That would be quite lovely. She also had to go to "starbucks university" to spend several days learning how to prepare those frothy overpriced beverages. i found that interesting. when i started my job my supervisor turned me loose and told me, "if you fuck up, people will get mad at you. sometimes when you don't fuck up, people will get mad at you." truer words were never spoken, as far as i'm concerned.

ANYWAY, i digress. what i meant to say before this comment got caught up in its own convolutedness, is that i like hearing about your life, bre. and you should keep us informed of its comings and goings more often.

yours in TASPly love,
ryan

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

most excellent! coffee! (gah, I'm turning into Alison!) Three exclamation marks in a row!

haha. Sounds like you have a busy couple of months ahead of you, with all that NHS stuff. Here's wishing you lots of presidential (that is, prezidenshal) might and success. I'm sending gangsta thoughts your way, Bre!

Much love.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger The Barefoot Lawyer said...

Your NHS actually does productive, useful things for the community. *sighs*

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

The NHS at my school meets once a month to bully people into turning in their community service hours. They also encourage people to accomplish said community service almost exclusively by volunteering to take tickets at school events.

Needless to say, I'm not a member of this club.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Breanna said...

that's so sad! our nhs is what one might call "hella active."

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

oh my GOD.

hahahah! Bre, I can so see you saying that. with the mock-serious Breanna look.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy tramadol no prescription tramadol hcl and ibuprofen - buy tramadol cod

 

Post a Comment

<< Home