Wednesday, October 18, 2006

South African history returns to haunt us... again.

One can't seem to get away from the TASP seminar topic... The other day a segment on NPR discussed a group who are using basketball to bridge the gaping racial divides which still exist in South Africa. According to the segment, hardly any schools are desegregated, never mind integrated... (Shakes head sadly.)
Anyway, here is an article from the BBC which caught my eye and brought back many memories of the last week of seminar.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6062196.stm

I miss you all dreadfully. Little things, like this article, or perhaps a glimpse of The Scream, or a mention of El Salvador, can conjure up so many deliriously happy memories... I even smile when I see Nesbitt snuggled on my shelf. Alas.
T. E. Lawrence sends you all his fondest regards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home